It’s that dreaded point of the interview: do you have any questions for us? It makes every job hunter’s mind race. Do you ask what you are genuinely wondering? Do you ask something that will boost your profile as a candidate? Should you ask any questions at all? Here are some ideas of things you may want to ask:
- Is there room for progression in the role?
- What kind of staff development do you undertake?
- Might I move between teams, or do people tend to stay in the same team?
- What do people enjoy about working for your company?
- Who are some of your clients? Will I have a chance to meet them?
If a question doesn’t seem relevant to you, don’t ask it. The employer will be able to see whether it is a genuine question or whether it is something you have thought of to make yourself look good.