In today’s world, a lot of employers and job seekers use the expertise of recruitment companies to save time and money. Recruitment agencies help to match employers with job seekers who fit their criteria. Some agencies specialise in certain markets or sectors, such as temping or secretarial services.
Recruitment companies will not generally charge a fee to the job seeker, they usually make their income from employers who pay them a fee to search out suitable candidates for their job vacancy.
The conventional way of finding a recruitment agency was to look on your local high street, but now there are several Internet dependent recruitment companies to make life easier.
Employers will use recruitment companies for quite a few different reasons:-
* They are a small business without the need of a personnel department to organise finding employees.
* They do not wish to advertise or go public with their requirements.
* They wish to save on advertisement costs.
* They may be trying to find special expertise.
* They’ve had problems in the past with finding suitable applicants through advertising.
Why should you think about registering with a Recruitment Agency to find a job?
There are many advantages to registering your details and your CV with a recruitment agency or with a few recruitment agencies:-
* You won’t have to devote as much time reading through the classified sections
* If you are looking in a particular sector, then you can select recruitment companies which specialise in that industry.
* The recruitment agency will do the difficult work so you don’t have to . They will have the technology to send your details out to hundreds of employers at the touch of a button, saving you time and increasing your exposure.
* Recruitment companies will be in a position to find jobs that match your needs and expertise and also you won’t squander your time by applying for unsuitable positions.
* It’s possible you’ll want to do some temping, before finding a permanent job, and you can find recruitment agencies that specialise in finding temporary positions.
* The employers you want to get in touch with may only use recruitment agencies and not take other applications.
* A recruitment agency will be able to help you prepare your CV and prepare for interviews. They may even offer mock interviews and other helpful services.
* They will be able to give you feedback about your CV and about how you performed in interviews.
Recruitment agencies benefit both the employer and the job seeker; it’s a win-win-win situation.
Furthermore remember to keep a record of which recruitment companies are locating relevant vacancies for you. If the ones you sign up for don’t appear to be performing – go and seek out a few more to register with – you’ve got nothing to lose.